Tuesday, June 13, 2017

eARC Book review: Lip Action (Kiss Talent Agency #1) by Virna DePaul

34976781

Available now!
eARC Provided by publisher through Netgalley

Marissa

Appearance is everything to my upper-crust mother, but when she insists I take back my pedigreed-but-cheating ex? I’d rather stab myself with a salad fork. So I blurt out I’m dating someone new. Someone like…that smoking-hot, vaguely familiar guy across the restaurant, who could be the next James Bond.

Turns out he’s the star of my favorite, cheesy, sci-fi soap opera. (Don’t judge me.) One minute I’m fantasizing about Borg and his green-hued abs. The next, Simon Dale is making me an offer my sex-starved body can’t refuse.

Simon

I’m up for a breakout movie role that’ll launch me off the B-list, but I don’t need a script to read the scene between Marissa and her mum. Even though I’m a London gutter rat who never rubbed elbows with a Royal, I easily slip into the role of Marissa’s doting boyfriend. Why? I need a favor in return— a steady girlfriend, just long enough to convince the producers I’ve changed my wild ways.

Trouble is, I’m going all Method on this relationship—and close to losing the one thing that could break me. My heart.
 


Marissa is stuck in a bad cycle of her own making with her family. Her overbearing mother is trying to boss her and pressure her into going back to her cheating ex-boyfriend. Simon is a B list actor who needs some help of his own to get a part in a big movie so he can make it big. When he makes the offer to help her by being her fake boyfriend and she be his fake girlfriend things get exciting. She's rich and wonderfully sweet and he had a horrible childhood and sees himself as not good enough for her. Simon may be mixed up about his self worth but he is a perfect gentleman to Marissa. He sees her as she is and she's sees herself as flawed and not good enough for him. He's the strong one for a good portion of the book  until everything falls apart but by then Marissa finally realizes she's strong too. She's worthy of love. It takes losing Marissa for Simon to let go of his past. Some parts felt a but cheesy but over all i loved both Simon and Marissa. They were stronger together even though in a lot of ways they were so different.

 Find out more about this brand new series and Virna DePaul here www.virnadepaul.com

No comments:

Post a Comment