Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book review. Midnight Rainbow By author Linda Howard.

Ok i'm kind of a kind of a Linda Howard fan. If you read my blog you'll notice I've talked about Linda Before. I recently read Diamond Bay that my library had in the new books section. Turns out it is a reissue not new. It was new to me so it is all good. I really enjoyed Diamond Bay but got the feeling there was something i was missing. I keep track of what i've read using goodreads.com . I went to put Diamond Bay in as read and that's when i discovered it was part of a series. Ah ha moment. That's what i was missing. There were a couple characters in Diamond Bay that seemed like i should've known something about. These people would be Grant and Jane. Kells friends in Diamond Bay. Upon investigating some i found i actually had read 3 of the 4 books over the past year but of course backward because i didn't realize they were part of a series. I think you can get away without reading them in order of course but if you know me i really like to read them in order regardless. lol I had to order Midnight Rainbow thru my libraries inter loaning service. Don't mind the funny name because the books is great. It was also reissued in hard cover and that one is only 224 pages so a easy read. This is a romantic suspense with a bit of humor thrown in which is just the way i like it.

PRISCILLA JANE HAMILTON GREER


Was she a society girl in over her head, or part of an espionage ring that could compromise U.S. interests for years to come? The only certainty was that she was a captive in Costa Rica, and her very wealthy, very well-connected father wanted her out--fast.

GRANT SULLIVAN


He was the best agent the government ever had, and he came out of retirement to rescue Jane. Finding her was easy; getting her out was something else altogether. In the time they spent together, questions of guilt and innocence began to fade against the unassailable reality that two people who never should have met were irrevocably in love.

If you want a fast read and enjoy romantic suspense i think you'll like this book. Originally published in 1986 it's been reissued in hard cover last year. Once you read this one read Kell Sabin's story in Diamond bay reissued in hardcover this year. Diamond Bay i found in my libraries newly arrived book section.  Heartbreaker comes after Diamond Bay and then lastly comes White Lies to complete the series. I'm thinking i have to go back and re read the last 2 books now. I give Midnight Rainbow 4 and 1/2 Modokker Book Pick Stars. Loved it







No comments:

Post a Comment